Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Equate Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

So my first post will be a review :)

Equate Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
-Purchased at Walmart- it's their generic brand
-Compared to Neutrogena's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
-Around $4-$5
-5.5 FL OZ
-4 out of 5 stars


I've read a lot of good reviews for the Neutrogena one, and when I went to Walmart to pick it up, I saw the off-brand beside it. It was a good 2 bucks cheaper and I thought, "Why not?". The selling point for me when I'm trying to decide between two products is that I'll go with the one that is costs less, haha.






The makeup remover claims that it is:
-Effective and gentle
-Removes waterproof mascara
-No oily residue

It removes my waterproof like a dream! Two swipes and it is completely off. I also haven't experienced any eye irritation in the 2 weeks that I've been using this. I have really sensitive, acne prone skin and I haven't had any clogged pores, pimples, etc. while using this. 

And finally, it claims it leaves no oily residue. Uh, I don't think so. I've never used a remover that made my eyelids so oily I had to use like 4 extra cotton balls just to soak up the residue. I also tried to see if I could clean up my eyeliner with it, so when I winged the liner out, the line would look more precise. I took a q-tip and dipped it in the solution ever so lightly. When I tried to give the excess liner a quick swipe, it dissolved whatever makeup I had on an inch into my eye. 

So overall:
-I would recommend this if you want something to get rid of that mascara that doesn't budge with other removers
-Super oily
-I can't say for sure if the Neutrogena one is better, I haven't tried it. It's on my to-buy list after I finish this bottle
-Good for sensitive, acne prone skin

Thanks for reading :3


2 comments:







  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully

    I can add you and follow.


    Oil Makeup Remover

    ReplyDelete
  2. A solitary keep ace chamber is an out of date element with just a single repository maintaining brake fluid in it – and the issue with this is on the off chance that one segment of your stopping mechanism fizzles, you may bid farewell to brakes on each one of the 4 automobile wheels. Bar subwoofer Buying Guide

    ReplyDelete